Tuesday 20 November 2007

question???????

Do post humans already exist? 

1> No, technology needs to be developed so much more that it gets to a point when we are becoming cyborgs for example like the six million dollar man. When advanced technology is implemented into our bodies to increase strength, knowledge etc.

2>Yes, We already use implants in medicine to replace limbs and other areas of the body. Also medicine has helped increase our life expectancy with cures and the use of technology. Our use of the internet and such websites as face book are making us more reliant on technology and changing the way we live our lives. Societies us of technology has changes its identity and function.

The reason why I ask this question is because for my major project at this time I am questioning wether it is feasible to design for a post human. 

If they don't exist already, I will be designing for a fictional user and as such cant go down my normal route of finding a problem that the user has and designing a solution. The answer is to design a piece of work that sparks debate. If I go down this route then I need to identify a particular area within post-humanism that I can question and workout what my message is. 

NOTE

how do I keep it within design and not art. The last thing I want to do is for the piece to give of a confusing message of wether it is design or art.

No comments: